CHICKEN, TOMATO + SWEETCORN QUESADILLA RECIPE
Try this Annabel Karmel baby-led weaning recipe, which is also good for kids and adults
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon runny honey (or maple syrup if serving to babies under 12 months old)
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 100g fresh cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 50g tinned, drained sweetcorn
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 50g grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 small tortilla wraps
- Yoghurt, for drizzling
- Pinch of paprika
Heat half the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken and honey and fry for 3–4 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Add the remaining oil to the pan. Add the onion and thyme and fry for 5 minutes until soft. Add the tomatoes, sweetcorn, balsamic vinegar and chicken and cook for 2 minutes, then transfer to a bowl.
Wipe the frying pan clean. Add one of the wraps to the pan. Spoon a third of the chicken mixture on top, sprinkle with a third of the grated cheese and place another wrap on top.
Push down and fry for 2 minutes, then flip over and cook for another 2 minutes. Slice into wedges.
Repeat with the remaining tortillas, filling and cheese and serve the wedges, drizzled with yoghurt and sprinkled with the paprika.