RECIPE: ICE LOLLIES DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE
Kids will love this fun, dippable ice lolly recipe
Get kids involved in making this fruit ice lollies which can then be dipped in chocolate and sprinkles, taken from The Lolly Book by Karis and Dominic Gesua of Lickalix.
For the lollies:
- 160g strawberries, hulled and chopeed
- 160g pineapples, peeled and chopped
- 160g raspberries, chopped
- 160g cherries, stoned and chopped
- 16 tsp natural unrefined sugar
For the dipping:
- 100g white chocolate, broken into pieces (dairy free chocolate, optional)
- 100g milk chocolate, broken into pieces (dairy free chocolate, optional)
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces (dairy free chocolate, optional)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Various other sprinkles and chopped nuts
To make the lollies, whizz each fruit separately with 130ml of water and 4 tsp of sugar in a blender. Divide each flavour mixture between four moulds, leaving a 1cm gap at the top. Insert the sticks with the stick-holders and place in the freezer. When frozen, de-mould and store until ready to use.
Prepare the dipping bowls when you are ready to serve the lollies: put each chocolate into a separate microwaveable bowl. Add 1 tsp of coconut oil to each of the milk and dark chocolate bowls (but not the white). Microwave each one for 20 seconds and stir, then microwave again for 10 seconds and stir. Continue until completely melted, but keep your eye on the chocolate as it can easily burn.
Put the sprinkles and nuts into small bowls, then arrange with the chocolate bowls and ice lollies on the bonanza table and let the kids start dipping!
And for a boozy ice lolly recipe for the adults, click here.